Thank you for the trust you are placing in Delmarva Heart for your cardiology needs. To follow are some instructions to follow to help prepare you for first visit. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the time of your scheduled appointment to help complete any necessary paperwork.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR FIRST VISIT
- Insurance card (s)
- Photo identification such as a driver’s license
- Referral form (for HMO insurance, if required)
- Your medication bottles/containers for all the current medications you are taking including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and any herbs
- Copies of any and all recent laboratory results performed by your Primary Care Physician or referring specialist.
- Relevant information about your medical and surgical history. Bring any pertinent x-rays or records you may have
- Important questions you would like to ask the doctor
MEDICATION REFILL INFORMATION
- Proper management of your medications is important to us. It is vital that we maintain an accurate medication list. Please bring your current medication list, including dosage and instructions to every office visit to include vitamins, supplements and over the counter medications.
- Please ask for all prescriptions that you need refilled at the time of your appointment if possible.
- If you need a prescription refilled before your next appointment, please contact your local or mail order pharmacy. They will send us a request to authorize the medication to be filled.
- Please allow our staff 48 (business) hours to refill routine prescriptions.
- If your prescription medication requires authorization from your insurance, please allow at least 2 weeks for this process to be completed.
INSURANCE AND BILLING
Delmarva Heart accepts most local health insurance plans and will file your insurance claims for you. Because of special requirements by insurance companies and frequent changes in the requirements, we must have a copy of your insurance card.
Your insurance may require pre-authorization or a referral to see one of our physicians. You will need to obtain the required referral and bring it with you to your office visit. (Note: If an insurance plan requires a referral but the patient does not have one, the patient will need to sign a waiver stating that he/she agrees to be responsible for payment in full.)
Many insurance plans require patients to pay a co-payment at the time of service. Please come to your appointment prepared to make your co-payment.
PAYING FOR YOUR CARE
Many insurance plans require patients to pay a deductible or co-insurance. A statement will be mailed to you from Delmarva Heart for any amount not paid by your insurance carrier. We ask that you make a payment in full within 30 days of receiving this statement.